If you are planning to buy a new smartphone then the Samsung Galaxy M 40 should be your first choice. If you are among those who are waiting for this amazing smartphone then your waiting is over. In the past few days, Samsung released its M-Series smartphones and all the incoming phones were a great success.
This is the fourth edition of the M series. Samsung Galaxy’s M series is a budget smartphone that is being compared with high-end devices. The Samsung Galaxy M40 was released on June 11, 2019, in the market. The special thing is that it has ‘Screen Sound’ technology.
Highlighted Specifications of Samsung M40:
- Android 9 Pie with One UI
- Octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 675
- SoC Adreno 612 GPU and 6GB of RAM
- 6.3-inch full HD+ Infinity-O display
- Screen sound technology
- Dual-SIM (Nano)
- The 32-megapixel triple rear camera
- 16-megapixel front camera
- 128GB of inbuilt storage, expandable up to 512GB
- 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, GPS/ A-GPS, and a USB Type-C port
- the fingerprint sensor at the back
- 3,500mAh battery support with 15W fast charging support
Display of Samsung Galaxy M40:
- Samsung has offered a segment-first punch-hole display, which looks unique, the company has also made a tradeoff.
- Instead of offering a Super AMOLED display as it did with the Galaxy M30, Samsung has used an LCD panel for the Galaxy M40.
- While Samsung displays are generally some of the best in the business, an LCD display is still an LCD display and will not offer the kind of richness, color depth, and appeal that an AMOLED panel offers.
Camera of Samsung Galaxy M40:
- The Galaxy M40 is yet another phone in Samsung’s portfolio to offer triple rear cameras that include a wide-angle lens.
- Triple camera setups have become a staple in 2019 as brands look to offer versatility.
- The Galaxy M40’s camera includes a 32-megapixel primary camera with f/1.7 aperture, an 8-megapixel ultra-wide-angle camera with a 123-degree FoV, and a 5-megapixel depth sensor, which is similar to the setup on the more expensive Galaxy A70.
- The M40 gets a 16-megapixel selfie camera in front.
Design of Samsung Galaxy M40:
- The company has also introduced new color schemes with the Galaxy M40. The Galaxy M40 is one of the better-looking devices in this segment.
- The punch hole display makes for a cherry on the top. It provides more real estate for the screen and shows subtle transitions when using the front camera or using the facial unlock feature.
- The back panel comes with a similar polycarbonate body design seen on some Galaxy A series of smartphones. It looks premium and feels like glass, but is actually plastic.
- The back panel has a triple camera setup aligned vertically along with a fingerprint reader.
- The device will be shipping in Midnight Blue and Seawater Blue color options, and both colors are different from what we’ve seen from the company.
Performance of Samsung Galaxy M40:
- Samsung Galaxy M40 runs on Qualcomm Snapdragon 675 SoC (11nm), which outruns the relatively older Snapdragon 700 SoC (10nm) in benchmark scores of Antutu and Geekbench.
- Samsung offers the phone in a single 6GB RAM plus 128GB storage variant.
- You get more memory options and the lower variants would cost you less. It carries a hybrid slot, one of which you could use to expand storage up to 512GB.
- A major factor for Samsung M40 is its One UI software, which is a joy to use. This would be followed by MIUI 10.
Battery of Samsung Galaxy M40:
- Samsung’s Galaxy M series of smartphones always carried heavy batteries. But now the Galaxy M40 is backed by a smaller 3500mAh battery.
- It does have support for a 15W fast charging which was missing from the previous models, thanks to the new Type-C port.
- Samsung claims to have optimized the OneUI and battery-efficient processor to make the battery last longer.
Value For Money
With the Galaxy M40, Samsung has produced a brilliant smartphone that comes loaded with impressive innards and fresh design. All this is complemented by an aggressive price tag, making this a really good buy. The Galaxy M40 sports a punch-hole display making it a stand out product in the segment.
It might have a few flaws but none of them would be a deal-breaker. Bringing a well-rounded smartphone like the Galaxy M40 sub-20,000 shows that Samsung means business and willing to restore consumers’ faith in its mid-range products. Want more knowledge about Samsung M40 then go to Wikipedia.